Total Pageviews

Friday 7 January 2011

The Vision of St Cajetan


St Cajetan's strong devotion to Our Blessed Lady was such that on Christmas Eve at the Church of Saint Mary Major, when he entered the church he was rewarded with a vision of the Holy Mother; who came to him and placed her Divine Infant in his arms.

"At the very hour of his most holy birth, I drew close to the crib, and given strength by my beloved father, Blessed Jerome, who was devoted to the holy crib, and with the confidence that he gave to me, I received from the hands of the spotless Virgin, my protectress, who had recently become a mother,
the Holy Infant, Word Incarnate. 
The fact that my heart did not stop and melt, pierced through by divine love is a sign that it must be as hard and unfeeling as a diamond. 
(from a letter from St Cajetan to Sister Laura Mignani 28th January 1528)

The "Sacra Culla" (relic of the manger) in Sta Maria Maggiore, Rome,
beside which St Cajetan received his vision.

4 comments:

  1. I was this praying this novena on the 4th day my wish were granted. Thank you for sharing this prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was this praying this novena on the 4th day my wish were granted. Thank you for sharing this prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now only learning about Saint Cajetan, whose feast day was yesterday. I've always thought him to be the patron of silver miners. I've been to his beautiful La Valenciana church in Guanajuato, Mexico, which was built in his honor for the largest silver motherload in the world, discovered after people there prayed to San Cayetano. Now I know that Saint Cajetan is also the patron saint of good fortune!

    ReplyDelete